Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Knittinjen's Dirty Diana - Tribute to Michael Jackson


Knittinjen's Dirty Diana, originally uploaded by knittinjen.

As a child of the 80's, I was completely obsessed with Michael Jackson growing up! His death came as a shock, and I was sad (though not as devastated as I'd have been as a child - after all, I have 3 kids, a son-in-law, a grandkid, a dog, and all kinds of other people to worry about now), but I still felt awfully sad and really nostalgic. I've shared his videos with my 9-year-old daughter (and created a new fan!), and wanted a way to memorialize him that didn't involve something crazy like traveling to California. So...as an artist memorializes in her art, I will memorialize Michael Jackson my my digi-scrap art!

So this is the first in a series of kits inspired by Michael Jackson songs. Not necessarily the content (family-friendly, that's me!) but the title. This kit is for girls who like to get out and play in the mud! There are a total of 11 papers, 38 elements, and a complete alpha (upper, lower, number, symbol). Not all elements are shown on the preview (and none of the alpha, but it's awesome!). Please read my TOU. Also, if you've created a layout with my kit, please send me a copy (my e-mail is in my TOU) and I'd love to put it on my blog, and link to to your blog. I'd love to see what you create with my work!

Special thanks for this kit to Scrappy Shannon of Pretty Scrappy, who created the mud styles just as I was getting the idea for this kit - they are wonderful, aren't they?

No comments: